Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Day off and Arizona Summer!

Well I have been living in Arizona for over a year now and it has been great but definitely a little rough in the summer. When we first moved here I thought " This is great, I am going to be so tan!" Well the opposite is actually true! I have managed to make it through a long AZ summer and am one of the most pasty people I know! It is not fun to lay out in the sun at the pool when it is 120 degrees!! Its actually not fun being outside at all! So the bummer part of summer is that I have been cooped up indoors with the A/C on blast! I miss being able to sit out on our patio or lay at the pool and read my book! It has been even harder because being pregnant makes me even more sensitive to the sun and heat. I am really looking forward to October when the weather is perfect and we can sit outside and go on walks!

Well today it is only 100 degrees and there is actually a nice breeze! So after I dropped Saleem off at work I decided i would actually put my swimsuit on and hit the pool! It was great because swimming is my favorite exercise during pregnancy! It is so low impact and I get the weightless feeling in the water. So i swam slowly back and forth for awhile and I was even able to lay out in the shade and read my book! You can check out the latest book I am reading here! Our townhouse has a great pool area, and the even better part is unless it is a weekend, there is hardly ever anybody there so it is like having your own private pool. 

The Pool!

1 comment:

  1. Wow and I thought it was hot here! I couldn't even imagine 120 degrees! I'm excited for fall too with less humidity and hopefully less mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete